As a college student, I find it easy to get super stressed within a matter of seconds. All it can take is one more event go wrong and your over the edge. Well, at least that is how it was for me this week for sure. With about 3 papers to do, a couple quizzes here and there and chapter summaries along with the extra curricular (that also count towards credits), I definitely felt way over my head. With that said, here are some ways to destress yourself at the end of the day, or week or after every hour if you so choose 🙂
1. Take a shower. I find that after I’ve worked for extensive amount of time, it helps me to take a breather and to walk away from a task for a split second and then come back with a renewed mindset 🙂
2. Essential Oils. Boy, do I love my essential oils. They are my go to for everything. Sick? Thieves is the way to go. Stressed? I like the Eucalyptus and peppermint combination. That is what I diffused yesterday and it woke me up and helped me concentrate. Pop your favorite blend into your diffuser, add some to your favorite oil and apply it topically and breathe in the lovely combination. Essential oils have a wonderful benefit to the body. I am in love with my oils 🙂
3. Art. Whether it be doing coloring books, abstract drawings, meaningful drawings, or just plain scribbling to get frustration out, I love to just let my mind wonder. I am not the most artistic person when it comes to drawing. I can draw lines, distorted circles, and stick figures. When I do draw however, I end up with a piece that has to do with what I am going through Spiritually and how God is helping me work through it.
4. Music. Whether you can play an instrument or you just like to listen. Music is a great way to escape the chaos that is going on. So pick up your guitar, put your hands on the keys or whatever it is you do and start pouring your heart out. Giving all the pent up frustration and stress to God through music can help lift a huge burden. Trusting him in everything is a choice we must make everyday.
5. Go get crazy with friends. Now, I know from personal experience that escaping the craziness of school and life also includes friends. The people that understand is the people that are going through the stressors with you. So go out, get crazy, Laugh a lot, (it gives you endorphins 🙂 and play.
6. Take a walk. Go ahead and walk away from that desk. It is fall and the weather is beautiful this time of year. Go out and enjoy the Lords work and the different variations of colors he gave this world. He did not create this world to be dull and boring, that’s for sure.
7. Paint your nails. Don’t you just love the smell of nail polish? I think it’s refreshing, other people think I’m crazy. But seriously, caring for your self and pampering yourself is a great way to take time away from work and time into yourself. Painting your nails can help build your confidence.
8. Watch funny cat videos. I don’t know why, but cat videos are so hilarious. Maybe because they are so skittish? I don’t know but watching funny cat videos is my favorite. My favorite cat video is the cats afraid of zucchini. I love that one 🙂
9. Exercise. I am definitely not the most active and fit person, but exercise is a good way to to relieve stress. It gets your heart pumping and the blood flowing. Exercising is a good way to relieve that frustration through working out your body and telling yourself that you can do it.
10. Pet an animal. I know for college students, their dogs and cats matter. Why? It’s a good stress relief. I know of a cat cafe where people can go play with cats and dink unlimited coffee. There’s another place that has that same concept with dogs. So find a friend, and go pet someone else animal (or your own, that works too)
*Note from a friend name Mariah: “Raspberries fix everything, that and ducktape” 🙂
Well there you have it, 10 ways to help relieve stress. This goes for everyone though, not just college students. The less we stress however, and the more we give it to God, the more we are able to focus on the things that matter. God. He puts blessings right infront of us and sometimes, they go unnoticed. So go take a breather, give it to God and watch him work, because “He makes all things beautiful in its time” Ecc. 3:11
May your day Sparkle,
*Scroll all the way down to the bottom and be added to my email list, that way you’ll get notifications of every time I post. Thanks so much for reading!!